Are you interested in starting your own clothing line, but you are struggling to find a suitable manufacture for your designs? If ‘yes’ is the answer, then carry on reading…
Starting your own fashion line is a very exciting business opportunity, especially as fashion itself is an ongoing and forever growing industry. Additionally, you can reach out to a ton of demographics; it is a fantastic business decision if you follow the right procedures beforehand!
One of the most important steps in starting a fashion clothing line is to find the perfect manufacturer for your designs. This means carefully deciding what fabrics you want and where you can get the most out of your money.
Finding a reliable and trustworthy garment manufacturer can be tedious. There are also things that you will need to consider, such as; deciding whether you want to order in bulk or start off with a small quantity of orders (this can be a struggle, as you will find that most wholesale manufactures have a minimum order of 2000 metres) and adding up all the costs for various fees; including the fabric, transportation and tax- this may leave your mind overloaded with numbers!
Once you have mastered these, you can move on to finding a manufacturer that suits your criteria. Here are some tips on how you can start searching for manufacturers;
1. Networking Events; If you live in or near to any city than it is ideal to attend local fashion shows and Trade Shows. A lot of them are based in the UK, Europe and East Asia. This is a great opportunity to network with current designers, bloggers and influencers, all of whom who may have links to manufacturers.
2. Fashion Directories: A directory is great way to connect you with some online manufacturers based all over the world. Once you have found a manufacturer that you like, you can message them in regards to your fashion business.
3. Search Engines: Good old Google searches will be beneficial to you. Entering key words such as ‘garment manufacturers’ or ‘wholesale manufactures’ will link you to some useful websites. This is where page 10 of Google will actually be of use to you, as you may find some overseas manufacturers on there. However, be cautious, as these websites usually aren’t up to date.
4. Social Media Channels: Facebook and Instagram are great ways to look for manufacturers and ask general questions. Kingpinning is a useful resource that helps you find clothing manufacturers.
5. Word of Mouth: The obvious! Ensure you are keeping an eye for any friends or family you have who are starting their own clothing line. You can ask them about how they found a manufacturer and get a first-hand review of it before investing.
The ultimate key to finding a suitable garment manufacturer all comes down to research and networking! Our services at Chanodil have reliable and qualified manufacturers from all over the world to support with your small scale to big scale quantities of orders. If you are interested in our services and want some additional help in finding the right manufacturer for your designs, visit our ‘Contact Us’ page.