1. Create a website – Having your own website is essential if you’re looking to develop your brand long term. By doing so, you can add clear images of your fashion products, look books and daily promotions.
2. Bloggers – Online Instagram influencers such as bloggers have a massive impact on most fashion brands. Target suitable macro-influencers (influencers with over 3000 follows) to your brand, pick ones that will represent your clothing line well. Also ensure that their followers have the correct demographics for your fashion label (I.e if you have an apparel fashion label target influencer such as Ry Richers-(@ryriches)
3. Be active on social media – this doesn’t just mean posting pictures of your items. It is ideal to comment and like your favourite bloggers posts and be sure to continue this on any other relevant profiles. When suitable, include your website in the comments! This is a great way on how to increase your web page trafficking.
4. Email Logo – when selling your products, you’re likely to get a lot of enquiries via emails. Therefore, it is important that you ensure your brands logo and web address is placed at the bottom of every email, as this will look more professional!
5. Vlog: YouTube blogging is still an on-trend form of promotion! Beauty vloggers such as Jayde Peirce are living proof of this!
6. BTS: When you undertake various fashion photo-shoots, posting some ‘behind the scene moments’ is a great way to engage with your followers.
7. Hashtag: This may be obvious, however by using relevant hashtags you will allow your brand to come up more frequently on web searches…hey you might even make it the Instagram Explorer page! Using ‘Topic Channels’ on the Instagram explore page is a great way to engage with a wider audience. Over 200 million people visit Explorer everyday
8. Online Competitions: propose monthly competitions which ask your current followers to share your fashion brands profile amongst several different social media platforms (e.g Instagram stories, snapchat, Facebook, Twitter etc). By doing so, you can offer them a FREE item to win. Using competitions will benefit you long term as it will increase your webpage visits.
Following these few simple steps will take your fashion brand a long way. Make sure you’re consistent with it and be patient with the outcome. Your fashion brand will get the right promotion in due time, so don’t give up!